Saturday, 6 April 2013

F --- Filter Coffee!


As you can see in the picture this is coffee. Maybe you are drinking it while reading this post. Let me tell you more about this drink. There is a difference (most probably) between the one in the picture and the one you might be drinking now. Filter coffee is prepared by a method in which the water passes through the filter only due to gravity and not due to external factors. I might not know all the details considering that I have never prepared coffee 'manually' but I do know that it is the best coffee, far much much better than what is served at restaurants or cafes.  All I know is that my mom uses a two part cylinder like vessel with a filter in the middle separating the top and bottom wherein the bottom part collects the filter, which later is mixed with and sugar. My mom has this magic of perfect brewing and the right proportions of filter and milk.

Filter coffee - Image source: wikipedia.org
Chennai is known for its coffee shops, no, not the cafes. Apart from that, there are shops that sell coffee beans to the people. The people here prefer and like to make their own coffee. Nothing can beat the taste of home made coffee. Instant coffee - nah, I don't like that much. Infact, I have bunked last periods of college just to have a cup of coffee within that stipulated time (6 PM).  

Filter Coffee is aromatic, hot, relishing and energising. You couple that with some snacks. You experience the best feeling. 

Contrary to popular belief, Filter coffee is very good for health. Due to the caffeine present in it, it helps us being active all day. This could be substituted for Red Bull. :P

16 comments:

  1. Coffee, coffee, coffee! Filter coffee is one identity for the Tamilians. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning routine la this has to necessarily be there !

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife is the coffee lover (I drink it out of necessity)...I will share your post with her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm I can smell the aroma! Thanks for showing us the way to prepare it properly!

    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a topic that's close to my heart... Cheers! Where are your contact details though?

    My web blog :: a knockout post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to have some of your mom's coffee! There's lots of coffee out there but not much would live up to her standards. Maybe she'll invite me over for a cup some day. Enjoy! Mary at Mary A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coffee but have not tried it brewed this way. I will have to seek it out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! Happy A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can smell the coffee. I will have to try this just for the added energy!!
    Connie
    A to Z buddy
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never tried this I guess, but I do love coffee.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't live without this. Well I can, but life gets a tad tougher :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow filter coffee.. perfect depiction of Chennai and Tamilnadu.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coffee is the best and ofcourse namba ooru filter kappi :D

    Keep smiling,
    Lakshmi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing matches to the aroma of filter coffee :) Nice post Akash :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about home sales by owner.
    Regards

    my webpage; Akribos xxiv watches for Women

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave without your comments. I Wait-For-It !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...