Sunday, 9 December 2012

The Last Sprout!

I came into this earth jutting out from the soil,
Very innocent and small.
All around me, I saw my brothers and sisters,
Talking seriously about something,
which at that time I couldn't understand.

I was told that I was gifted as I was born,
as a result of a bird's providential droppings.
I was told that my home was in the Western Ghats 
I loved my home, for it was like paradise
And what every tree like me would wish for.

eucalyptus
As I began to grow into a magnificent tree,
of great height, I found that,
my relatives were of eucalyptus family,
Also I am of great value to the Human beings.
My uses are numerous.

I learnt from my siblings,
that our species is getting destroyed
gradually by the humans.
I used to curse them,
and mourned for my dead brothers.

This is the year 2097.
All my friends are slowly dying,
cut by the humans for building settlements.
Now I am lonely, with no one beside me.
It is just a matter of time before I am dead.

I wish to ask a question to you humans,
You use us in every possible way,
for our whole lives, What harm could
we have possibly done to you,
that you want to kill us mercilessly?

Just because we can't talk
like you, it doesn't mean,
we don't have emotions and feelings.
Oh God! Please help us!
I am Dying!

By:
An Anonymous tree in the Western Ghats

P.S: My first 'so-called' poem. I really don't have a poet's imagination or style :P.
        This poem talks about deforestation as a main cause of destroying trees though 
        there are many



My first post which has been declared as WOW by blogadda :)


This post is a part of WOW an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment Ankit...and yea I'll surely check your entry too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.. Me too striving hard to create more awareness on trees.. Keep doing your part to save trees...

    Check this post too
    http://sushlaventulip06.blogspot.in/2012/10/listen-with-your-heart-importance-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ sushmitha: Thank you for your comment :)... Will surely check yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious to find out what blog system you're using? I'm having
    some small security problems with my latest blog and I'd like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any recommendations?

    Also visit my site; think about this

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave without your comments. I Wait-For-It !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...